- However, true distinction is only achieved through a lasting influence, particularly when the area of scholarship is a religion that presents itself as being suited to all communities at all times.
- The selection has to start with the founders of the eight schools of jurisprudence who have had a continuous following over the centuries up to the present day.
- This book introduces nine scholars from these schools and adds two more from a much later era whose influence extended far beyond the area of pure scholarship.
- In simple language, this book gives a clear picture of how the Islamic schools of jurisprudence differ in their methodologies, showing at the same time how much interaction they project.
- It serves as a primary source for those who wish to follow a course in Islamic studies; this book is indispensable for others who wish to have a fair but concise idea about the most important personalities who have shaped Islamic scholarship for centuries.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.