Bidaya Curriculum سلسلة البداية
Bidaya Book Description:
This book is designed to teach the learner how to read the Quran correctly— regardless of educational level, age, or status as an Arabic or non-Arabic speaker.
The Need for Bidaya Book:
Our new generations need a curriculum for teaching the book of Allah (swt) that:
- Has state-of-the-art audiovisual and sensory learning tools,
- Is fun for students to learn,
- Is easy for teachers to teach,
- And works for all ages.
And from these needs, Bidaya has emerged!
Acknowledgments and Praise for Bidaya Book:
The Bidaya Book has received praise from major Islamic institutions and well-known Muslim scholars from across the Arab and Muslim world, including: MAS (Muslim American Society), the Conservation of the Holy Qur'an Society in Jordan, Shaykh Kurayyim Raajih (Chief Reciter of the Levant), Shaykh Yahya Al-Ghawthani (internationally-renowned Quranic scholar and instructor at Al-Masjid An-Nabawi in Medinah), Shaykh Waleed Almeneesey (Chief Reciter of USA), Shaykh Mahmud Akkawi (Chief Reciter of Lebanon), Shaykh Hassan Saleh (Shaykh Alqira’at of USA ), and more.
All ages (4-60+), educational levels, and backgrounds—regardless of whether they are Arabic speakers or non-Arabic speakers.
- Addresses the problem of memorizing the Quran by only hearing it, and teaches accurate reading as the basis for strong memorization and proficiency.
- Provides a method of reading the Quran in an innovative way, accessible to all ages and backgrounds.
- Teaches the skill of writing the Quranic script.
- Protects the tongue from errors in pronouncing the letters and words of the book of Allah (swt).
- Establishes a system that gradually teaches students correct pronunciation (tajweed) from the beginning of their Arabic learning journey.
- Addresses the problem of non-Arabic speakers pronouncing the Quran using non-Arabic letters.
- Teaches reading the Quran correctly in a fast and methodical way.
What makes this book special?
- It took ten years to write and test Bidaya at many Islamic schools and Quran classes.
- More than 3000 students of different ages have memorized the Quran and become teachers and Imams with the help of Bidaya.
- The book can be taught in 20-25 hours.
- Bidaya is appropriate for students of all levels, ages, and backgrounds, including new Muslims.
- Bidaya is an easy book to learn and teach. It is specially designed to encourage interaction between teachers and students.
- Bidaya includes tools especially for the teacher, such as the Bidaya Teacher’s Guide, to help make explaining lessons easier.
- Bidaya also includes tools for students to make learning easier such as: Bidaya Workbook, Bidaya Posters, Bidaya website, Bidaya App, Bidaya CD, and more.
- Bidaya has its own methodology and is divided according to the lessons: educational, evaluative, and explanatory.
Bidaya Book Chapters:
- The Alphabet and its Forms
- The Alphabet with the 3 Short Vowels
- The Alphabet with Tanween
- The Alphabet with Sukoon
- The Alphabet with Long Vowel Marks
- Complementary Lessons
- Final Test
- Important Tajweed Rules
Recommended Number of Study Hours to Complete Bidaya:
The number of hours needed to complete the book is 20-25 hours, depending on how many hours the student is available.
- Varies according to the number of hours and days spent studying.
- Varies according to age and educational level.
- Varies according to students’ comprehension.
Varies according to the method of teaching (groups or individual).