GATEWAY TO ARABIC is a well-structured, progressive course which has been carefully designed to teach the skills of reading and writing Arabic to learners from a broad age range. It contains a wealth of practice materials to reinforce the learning process. Extensive research and piloting ensure that materials are easy to learn from and to teach. Clear guidance on every page shows the learner what to do.
Book Five focuses on air travel, meals, and medical matters. It builds upon the student's knowledge of first form verbs by introducing various defective forms (verbs containing one or more weak root letters). The book also extends the student's understanding of cardinal numbers into the thousands and suggests practical applications for their use. Passages of dialogue, sample emails, and model telephone conversations enable the student to gain greater confidence and fluency in using Arabic, while comprehension passages challenge the learner to extend their understanding.
- Air travel
- Ordering a meal in a restaurant
- Hospital and doctor's appointments Medical problems
- Defective verbs: past, present and imperative
- assimilated (mithal)
- weak (nagis)
- complex (lafif)
- Cardinal Numbers from 1 to 1000 and beyond
- Practical application of numbers
- Telephone calls and email
- Over 150 past and present tense verbs av Reference list of nouns and their plurals
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.