Each lesson in Part Two centers on a text that deals with a social, historical, literary, or cultural issue. In addition to the main reading text, students will also find additional authentic texts for reading and listening comprehension, vocabulary and grammar exercises, close listening and speaking activities, and cultural background for the reading.
The newly revised and repackaged Part Two has been restructured to reflect pedagogical developments over the last eight years, updated with new authentic reading and listening texts, and expanded with new video materials. In addition to the speaking, listening, and writing skills emphasized throughout each lesson, more time and emphasis is placed on activating vocabulary and structure with new activities for inside and outside the classroom.
- Provides basic texts of printed media to help students connect the written and aural/oral aspects of Arabic
- Features intensive reading that is focused on grammar and pronunciation-not just comprehension
- Contains substantial amounts of drills and exercises to help students memorize and gain active control of an expanded vocabulary
- Explores the root and pattern system of Arabic grammar and complex sentence structure using vocabulary, complex texts, and translation exercises
- Develops writing skills at the paragraph level to encourage synthesis of vocabulary and grammar
- Provides explicit instructions to students and instructors on drills and activities, including recommendations on appropriate exercises for inside and outside the classroom
- Interactive DVD contains reading comprehension texts with new material and new listening comprehension material
- DVD presents cultural background with illustrations and continues the story of Maha and Khalid using both Egyptian Colloquial Arabic and Modern Standard Arabic
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.