Jami At-Tirmidhi is one of the classical books of hadeeth that was compiled by 279 AH when its compiler and the great collector of hadeeth Muhammad Ibn Isa Ibn Surah At-Tirmidhi (209-279 AH), passed away. He was a special student of the great scholar of hadeeth Imam Bukhari. He traveled a lot and quoted from many sheikhs. With 3,956 hadeeth, Jami' At-Tirmidi is an invaluable addition to any person's library of hadeeth collection.
Imam Abu Ismail `Abdullah bin Muhammad Al-Ansari in Harrah said about this book: "To me, his book is better than the book of Al-Bukhari and that of Muslim. Because only one who is an expert in knowledge can arrive at the benefit of the books of Al-Bukhari and Muslim, whereas in the case of the book of Abu `Eisa, every one of the people can reach its benefit."
In Jami`Al-Usul, Ibn Al-Athir said: "(It) is the best of the books, having the most benefit, the best organization, with the least repetition. It contains what others do not contain; like mention of the different school of thoughts, angles of argument, and clarifying the circumstances of the hadeeth being authentic, weak, gharib (odd), as well as disparaging and endorsing remarks (regarding narrators)."
This translation by Dar-us-Salam Publications has several additional advantages including:
- A final verdict about the authenticity of every hadeeth (in parentheses at end of every hadeeth) by the committee of scholars at Dar-us-Salam
- Comments in English after many hadeeth to explain unclear points and to further explain the hadeeth
- Translation from old manuscripts of hadeeth to get the most authentic version
- Revision by three different levels of scholars to get as close to the original meaning
- Arabic and English side by side for easy access
- As always on all Dar-us-Salam books, the paper quality, binding, design and the print are unmatched.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.