ICO Islamic Studies Workbook: Grade 5, Part 1
This level commences with lessons in 'aqeedah about the implications of imitating others. It also includes a discussion about the signs of Allah (swt) which provide proof of His Oneness. In this grade, learners will recite the 28th Juz' and memorize Soorat Al-Qiyaamah and Soorat Al-Muddaththir. The Seerah lessons deal with the Hijrah and the life of 'Umar Ibn Al-Khattaab (ra). Students will learn about wiping over the socks and other materials such as bandages and plasters. The most significant aspects of Jumu'ah Salah, the status of Zakah, and the adhkaar said before going to sleep and upon awakening are discussed as well. The final lessons in this book cover the significance of good friends and the danger of bad ones. The material is presented, using a spiral approach, where students revisit each area and study it in greater depth each year. The Activity Book engages the student in additionalactivities on the same lessons dealt with in the Student’s Textbook. Thedifference is that the activities in the Activity Book are more analysis - and- synthesis based, than simple recall type activities. There is also a morepractical aspect aligned to activities in the Activity Book.
The ICO project is a distinguished one because:
- Our curricula meet the needs of the target audience for integrated, coherent, and appropriate curricula.
- They were prepared according to scientific bases, assimilating the most recent educational and psychological theories.
- They were prepared by special educationists who are experienced in designing curricula and who are familiar with the needs of the target group.
- They employed the most recent techniques and educational aids.
- They went through many quality control processes, which were carried out by specialized committees, and they were enhanced by teachers who evaluated the curricula before releasing them.
These books were prepared by the International Curricula Organization (ICO) and have certain features, which distinguish them from any other textbooks:First: The Technical Features:
- The textbooks have been designed in accordance with the international quality standards in all aspects: colors, paper, size, illustration, and printing.
- They have been furnished with the appropriate illustrations and pictures which match the students’ educational stage and environment.
- The texts have been distributed and organized in a way that makes the text stand out, paying special attention to the font type and size, and the spaces; and colors were chosen carefully to appeal to the target audience.
- Reinforce the proper linguistic basis of the non-Arabic speaking students.
- They build the students’ linguistic dictionary according to their environmental needs.
- Provide non-Arabic speaking students with a good deal of Islamic vocabulary.
- Identify the correct articulation of the different sounds through the study of the Glorious Qur’an.
- Enable the students to evade making mistakes when reciting the Glorious Qur’an through employing the rules of the Arabic language.
- Provide an integrated curriculum with well-prepared scientific content and vocabulary.
- Take into consideration the students’ individual mental differences and their diverse linguistic skills.
- Consider the students’ different cultures.
- Develop the students’ creativity and mental faculties.
- Reinforce the principle of forgiveness and the etiquette of disagreement with others.
- Develop the spirituality, morality, and values of the students.
- Help students have good and balanced personalities.
- Develop the students’ pride in their Muslim identity.
- Help the caller to Islam to develop a balanced personality that reflects the moderation of Islam.
The newest solution in online retail services, East West Souk! Our mission is to provide quality products, at affordable prices, and offer quality customer service to each one of our customers. At East West Souk, you can rest assured that our team members provide around the clock customer service and support. We treat each order with the utmost care and attention to ensure a prompt delivery. It is our goal to bring the beauty of the east to our customers in the west to enrich their lives and make decorating your space easier.
We are offering a series of special promotions for a limited time, including:
- FREE shipping on orders over $70.00 within the USA.
- All orders over $99 will receive a surprise free gift with their order.
- Join our rewards program to earn points with each purchase. For more details please visit our rewards section.
- Visit us on Facebook and Twitter for updates on new products and special offers.
- Let us bring our home into yours with quality products that will enhance any space!
- Each order is entitled to only one discount; multiple discounts may not be applied to a single order.
- Website specials are valid for orders placed via our website only and are not applicable to orders placed via mail, unless specifically mentioned.
- We only offer guarantees on products from our website. Items purchased as special orders or custom orders do not hold the same guarantees and policies.
- All prices subject to change without notice.
- We reserve the right to revise prices, limit quantities and allow for flyer printing errors and/or website typos.
- The Free Shipping promotion is for returning customers only with a required minimum purchase, as described in the email offer. The Free Shipping promotion is valid with USPS media services only. We reserve the right to change the shipping method at our discretion. This promotion can only be used once per customer, is non-transferable, and cannot be combined with other shipping offers or promotions.
East West Souk’s Guarantee
We guarantee your satisfaction with any goods that you purchase from us. If you receive your goods in such a state that they did not meet your satisfaction for any reason, please keep the item(s) in the original package and contact us at email@example.com within 10 days of receiving your goods to arrange for an exchange or refund.
- In any case that you may require an exchange or refund please take note of the following:
- In the case of damaged, defective or wrong item(s) shipped due to our fault we will replace your product without any extra fees for shipping and handling, East West Souk will send you a return shipping label to ship your product back to us.
- In the case that you were not satisfied with the product for any reason other than the above reasons we will issue a full refund for the cost of the item only (shipping and handling fees will not get refunded).
- In the case of exchange an item(s) with another item(s) of your choice. The customer agrees to pay any price difference if the new merchandise has higher price than the item(s) exchanged plus the shipping and handling of the exchanged item(s).
- Alternatively, we can also issue a store credit for the refunded item(s) that the customer can use for future purchases at East West Souk.
- Food products, health & personal care products, DVDs, CDs, electronics, VHS tapes, audiotapes, or games and puzzles must be unopened and in their original sealable plastic wrapped boxes.
- Clothes must be unworn, unwashed, and in their original state (all original tags attached).
- Books, flash cards, posters and other products must be unmarked, unwritten on, unbent, and in new condition.
- Damaged products (not due to our fault) may receive partial or no credit.
- As long as the product was not damaged or defective, the following items will not be accepted for returns once the original packaging is opened: Food products, health & personal care products, software, electronics, CDs, DVDs, audiotapes, VHS tapes, and bundles with books and CDs or books and DVDs.
- Any returned item needs new packaging or missing parts will be subject to restocking fees that may reach 50% of its original value.
- Any item(s) that do not satisfy the conditions above will not be accepted for refund or exchange.
- Any request for refund or exchange received after 30 days from the customer’s receipt of the merchandise will not be accepted.
- Any item(s) that was not directly purchased from East West Souk will not be accepted for refund or exchange and will be discarded.
- Exchanged item(s) will only get shipped after we receive the returned one(s) and found acceptable according to the above conditions.
- Packages marked a return to sender will not be considered or accepted for exchange or refund.
- Returns from Canada or overseas: Please contact East West Souk at firstname.lastname@example.org for full instructions; before taking any action or shipping the item(s) back to us.
- East West Souk will not be liable for refund of missing parcels from the USA if we are not informed of them within 10 days of delivery. Different terms apply to the rest of the world.
- Refunds will be made within 30 days of receiving the returned goods and will be made by the same method used in the original purchase.
- We strongly recommend that returned goods are sent by special delivery with the appropriate insurance cover as they will only be deemed returned when signed for by us.